About The European FASD Alliance
The European FASD Alliance was founded in February 2011 to meet the growing need for European professionals and NGOs concerned with FASD to share ideas and work together. The European FASD Alliance is a non-profit international organization registered in Sweden. Our goals are:
- To support the member associations in their efforts to improve the quality of life for all people with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders and their families
- To improve awareness of the risks of drinking alcoholic beverages during pregnancy.
The European FASD Alliance will also act as a liaison centre
- To collate and disseminate information to its members
- To stimulate international collaboration on research projects on the origins, management and prevention of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- To encourage national associations to exchange and share their projects and experiences
- To foster the foundation and development of new national FASD Associations.